Hedge Invest SGR is an independent asset management company, active in the field of alternative investments since early 2000. The main focus is on hedge funds, UCITS liquid alternatives and closed-end funds, linked to the real economy.
From 1997 to mid-2001, AM Holdings, through its subsidiary AM Holdings International, managed a Luxembourg hedge fund that allowed the development of a strong expertise in due diligence, selection, and monitoring of alternative funds. Indeed, this laid the groundwork for the development of the investment process that has since been adopted and further developed by Hedge Invest.
On December 1st, 2001, Hedge Invest launched Hedge Invest Global Fund and Hedge Invest Multi-Strategy, the first two Funds of Hedge Funds with approximately 32.5 million euros of seed money from the Manuli family, taking over the activities previously managed by AM Holdings International.
In May 2002, Hedge Invest opened an office in London with the aim of having a closer presence in the European hedge fund landscape and the global financial market, establishing closer contacts with major prime brokers.
In September 2009, Hedge Invest began to expand its business beyond the Fund of Hedge Funds space and launched its first closed-end fund, the HI USA Real Estate Fund. This fund was a multi-manager vehicle in the style of private equity, focusing on the real estate market in the United States to take advantage of the post-GFC (Global Financial Crisis) downturn in the residential and commercial sectors. The fund concentrated on gateway cities, leveraging the investment team's expertise in fund selection.
At the beginning of 2012, the company decided to expand its business to include single-manager alternative UCITS funds, and in October 2012, it became the investment manager of Hedge Invest International Funds plc, domiciled in Ireland. The objectives of this new initiative were as follows:
- Capitalize on the investment team's experience in fund picking to select the best managers within their strategy.
- Leverage Hedge Invest's strong reputation and establish partnership agreements with alternative managers with extensive experience, established expertise, and high integrity, who needed an existing vehicle to launch a UCITS version of their strategy.
- Further expand the Hedge Invest product range, offering investors non-correlated strategies focused on different market sectors and liquidity.
- HI European Market Neutral Fund: an equity market neutral fund, with a focus on European and UK markets, applying a strong fundamental bottom-up approach.
- HI Numen Credit Fund: a multi-strategy fund specialised in credit markets, focusing on sovereign, bank, and corporate bonds.
- HI CIFC Sustainable Global Bond Fund: global long-only credit fund focused on US and European high yield and investment grade bonds with at least 30% of the portfolio invested in Green Labelled Bonds promoting environmental characteristics and/or Sustainability Linked Bonds supporting sustainability-related characteristics.
In February 2015, Hedge Invest entered the direct lending space with the launch of its second closed-end fund, the HI CrescItalia PMI Fund. This fund is a private debt vehicle that invests in senior bonds issued by Italian small and medium-sized enterprises (PMI) or provides financing to them.
In May 2017, Hedge Invest launched its third closed-end fund, the HI Distressed Opportunities Fund, focusing on distressed and bankruptcy assets in Italy.
Hedge Invest continues to expand its range of closed-end funds:
- March 2021: HI Algebris Italia ELTIF - Alternative PIR (Personal Investment Plan) launched in partnership with Algebris Investment (as delegated manager).
- June 2021: HI Distressed Opportunities Fund II - Non-reserved closed-end AIF (Alternative Investment Fund) launched in partnership with Incanto SGR (as delegated manager). This fund continues investments in distressed debt (NPLs, UTPs) after the investment period of the original HI Distressed Opportunities Fund has closed.
- September 2021: HI Confilend Fund - Reserved closed-end AIF dedicated to small-scale guaranteed financing for SMEs and self-employed professionals. The fund leverages a partnership with 10 associated mutual guarantee consortia (Confidi) covering the entire national territory.
August 2022 - Hedge Invest sells 9.90% of its share capital to Banca Finnat Euroamerica, The agreement aims to develop comprehensive synergies in terms of product development and the target clientele.
Testo per anno 2023 in inglese
Nel 2000, Antonello Manuli, insieme alle due figlie Elisabetta e Alessandra, fonda Hedge Invest SGR, facente capo al gruppo famigliare AM Holdings (holding immobiliare e finanziaria), con l’intento di continuare ad espandere l’attività della capo gruppo verso settori sempre piu’ innovativi e alternativi.